Today for lunch I created an open-faced sandwich that was filled with incredible flavor.
I added bacon on mine, but if you are going meatless, it can be made without the bacon topping and be just as tasty.
Portobello Mushroom Burger
7 PP for two
- 1 Portobello mushroom, cleaned and “fins” scraped out
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic
- less than a tablespoon of olive oil (sorry I forgot to measure)
- English muffin, toasted
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked
- 1 French Onion Laughing Cow wedge
Preheat oven to broil
- Place the mushroom cap, smooth side up, on a baking sheet. Bush mushroom with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put in broiler (don’t close oven completely).
- In the meantime, take a bunch of spinach leaves and put it in the blender add one garlic clove, and pepper to taste. Turn on blender and stream in less than 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Take mushroom out of the broiler and split in half, fill the cap with the spinach “pesto”, spread the Laughing Cow wedge on each muffin and top with bacon slices.