I posted this recipe several months ago, when I first started blogging. I decided it was worthy of a repost
Fresh Apple Salsa
This sweet-tart condiment uses crisp granny smith apples. You can serve it with your pork tenderloin or even a roast chicken. But, if you are like me, I had a bowl of it, like I would a dessert. You can also serve with pita chips. The best part of this recipe is the entire recipe is valued at only 2 Points Plus. That’s right, the whole recipe, which yields about 3 cups.
· 2 cups diced peeled Spartan apple (about 3/4 pound)
· 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
· 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
· 1/4 cup diced red onion
· 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
· 1 tablespoon honey
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
· jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
Combine all ingredients, stirring well – Enjoy! I hope you don’t mind the repost, but I absolutely loved the sweet and spicy flavors melding together in this recipe.