I am back at it with the wonderful flavors of bacon and chicken. This time I combined my favorite chicken from Trader Joe’s with some crispy bacon bits and sliced apples. Doesn’t that make your mouth water?
The pairing of the apples with feta cheese and bits of bacon are an amazing combination of flavors, so be prepared to let your tastebuds savor all these great flavors.
Make sure you slice the apple right before you are ready to serve the salad to prevent the apple from turning brown.
Bacon, Chicken and Apple Salad
7 PP per serving
- 4 cups baby spinach leafs, roughly chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chives,chopped
- 3 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 oz fat-free feta cheese
- 6 oz. Trader Joe’s frozen crispy chicken, cooked and sliced
- 1 apple thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons Trader Joe’s Parmesan Ranch Dressing
On individual plates, place a layer of spinach leafs. Sprinkle 1/2 the scallions and chives.
Place apple slices on top. Sprinkle the bacon bits and feta on the apples slices. Top with the sliced chicken. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of dressing on each plate.
For a 3 PP dessert try this alternative to plain yogurt
Lemon Blueberry Refresher
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 (8 ounce) container Fage total 0% yogurt
- 4 tablespoon lemon curd
Fold whipped topping into yogurt. In a parfait glass, layer yogurt mixture and then blueberries, repeat for three layers. Garnish with a slice of lemon.
Serve immediately or refrigerate.
What is your favorite way to use Fage 0% total yogurt?
“The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory!” ~ Paul V Harris