Great Day today. I actually took a vacation day off from work. First one since I started last August. The boys passed their driving test this morning so the day was off to a great start. Then I met a former colleague for lunch at Imperial restaurant and I had prawns with snow peas. Which, actually is ironic because I made this great noodle salad for dinner with shrimp.
Shrimp Noodle Salad
8 PP per serving
- 1 (8-ounce) package chinese style noodles
- 1 1/4 cups snap peas
- 3/4 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped Serrano chile
- 1 pound peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
Cook noodles in boiling water 3 minutes or until almost al dente. Add snap peas to pan; cook 3 minute or until thoroughly heated. Drain. Place noodle mixture in a large bowl. Add carrots, onions, cilantro, and chile; toss.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side. Add shrimp to noodle mixture.
Combine orange juice and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over noodle mixture; toss well.
A new giveaway will be coming soon sponsored by Attune Foods.
All is well. Scotty is Season 10’s American Idol. I am so happy for him.
I am rested enough, I guess, to go back to my spreadsheets tomorrow. Yippie (no sarcasm there) 🙂
“Happiness is where we find it, but rarely where we seek it.” ~
J. Petit Senn