I was trying to come up with a good use for the extra berries and the mascarpone cheese I bought before they go to waste. Here is the result of my experiment.
Berries with Mascarpone Lemon Cream
2 PP with 3 tablespoons of the whipped topping
- 1/3 cup frozen lite cool whip
- 3 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- ½ teaspoon Splenda Sugar blend
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup assorted fresh blueberries, blackberries, and hulled sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon raspberry preserves, or frozen mixed berries, thawed and blended.
Combine cool whip, mascarpone, sugar blend, and lemon zest in large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form.
Combine all berries, raspberry preserves, in another large bowl; toss gently. Top with mascarpone cream.