I want to point out to everyone that name brand items featured on my blog are my own preference and choice. I am not getting paid to promote any products featured on my blog.
I am going to limit my list to ten Healthy Pantry Staples that I believe every pantry should have.
- Oils – Extra Virgin Olive Oil aka EVOO
- Panko crumbs – great for coating your fish or meats
- Broth – Low Sodium Chicken and beef broth
- Fresh lemons and limes and nice to have seasonal fruits
- Dried herbs and spices – Please replenish these often as they lose their potency. My favorites are minced onions, garlic powder, dried parsley or basil, cayenne pepper and paprika
- Fresh herbs and spices – garlic, flat leaf parsley, cilantro
- Grains – brown rice, couscous
- Nuts – Almonds and walnuts
- Vinegars – white wine, sherry, apple cider, balsamic, and Marsala
- Onions and shallots
Keep your kitchen well-stocked and you can create fabulous healthy meals all the time.
Coming soon ~ ~ ~ I will tackle “must haves” to keep in your fridge and freezer too.
Top 10 Must-Have Kitchen Gadgets
I thought I would list my most favorite must-have kitchen gadgets for every kitchen.
- 10. Blender
- 9. Hand Blender/chopper – I have a Cuisinart Smart stick hand blender with Whisk and chopper attachments
- 8. Great set of knives such as Cutco or Henkel
- 7. Electric Griddle – I have a Presto griddle. Great for making 6 pancakes at once and great for making bacon strips too.
- 6. Frying pan. This is an important tool in your kitchen. I prefer circulon or calphalon for the way they are made. Little or no oil is needed and you won’t burn or have your food stick to the pan.
- 5. Silicone spatula – Trust me on this. It picks up all the batter that sticks to the bowl
- 4. Oven mitts – I lost one of mine but I have OXO Good Grips Silicone
- 3. Mixer – Mine is so old, might be time for a new one.
- 2. Measuring spoons, cups and utencils.
- 1. Food scale – Mine is a Weight Watchers brand and I love it.